ARt RAge

I discovered a new painting software called ArtRage, a few days ago. It is an advanced painting software - a treat for armature painters who do not mind the usage of technology, but not too useful for high end graphic generation. The best you could do is to give oil, sketch or pastel effect to your creation.
You can download a free version available on the net but it does not provide a lot of important tools.
Here's an example:



I got to know about it through Computer arts, an UK based graphic design magazine. Check out Computer Arts for tutorials on graphic design, the latest in graphic software and cool links. My favorite bit is the Gallery, where you can upload your work of art. You can get hold of the magazine in landmark. It seems to be the mother of all graphic magazines but it is bloody expensive! (like the brits would put it).
So looking for a second hand magazine shop, I discovered this sprawling basement shop called 'Magazine' at the beginning of Church Street below the Benetton showroom. Phew! I spent a good one hour laying my hands to a dozen odd magazines I've searched for all my life, but the best part about the shop is a huge, black, fat face Persian cat you'll find sleeping over piles of dated magazines!


If not for it's colour, she resembled our very own Garfield although I must confess I was quite petrified initially and did not look hard enough to come to that conclusion. But the one hour I spent in the shop the fat ass feline just slept like a log, dreaming about lasagna. who knows!? :P


Alhough I have no affection for cats but I am sure all cat lovers must pay a visit to the shop to catch a glimpse of that huge feline not readily found otherwise in a flashy magazine store.

Comments

Usha said…
Must visit this shop - it is not the same as Blossoms right. I remember someone else, I think Anita, mentioning the cat too..
I love second hand book shops but this only has magazines? will check it out.

Popular Posts