Usage of hate

My post graduate years at Nift have been very memorable; I've come across the best teachers and mentors in the course of two years.
I took up movement classes, among many other interesting workshops, in which we were oriented to rhythm, music, speech orientations, dance, expressions and the likes, it was basically a theatre workshop with inputs on music, lights, space, design, cultures, art, fashion, history and almost everything related to art and design.


I'd like to narrate a small instance that took place during a speech class. We were a class of 16 students, sitting in a big circular formation and each of us had to come up in the centre of the formation and say ‚"I dislike" we had to be clear and loud and say at least 5 things we disliked. So, all of us came up with things we disliked, form vegetables to colours to habits to people.After everybody finished our mentor made us realize that although we started our sentences with "I dislike" almost everybody ended up with ‚"I hate...." He than said something I'd never ever will forget.

Hate is a stong word, and we use it bit too often.

Comments

Usha said…
Nice post.
And yes I agree hate is a strong word and I even beleiev that it is so strong most of us dont even have the ability for it.
You seem to have done a lot of interesting stuff.

Popular Posts