Masterpiece

Last week I had the opportunity to spend two days at the National gallery of Art in Washington DC. I spend an entire day staring at the Impressionist, couldn't decide who's work I loved the most. Cezanne, Pissaro, Renoir, Monet, Degas, Gauguin, Van Gogh.... the list goes on.
Although the museum do not have much of their master pieces but the lesser known ones are equally engulfing and extremely though provoking. It was a challenge to decide who's print I should buy. The impressionist paved the way for abstraction of art, and gave a multi dimensional aspect to art. They painted with their mind's eye, 'how' they saw things and not always 'what' they saw. They added rich textures and vibrant colours to an otherwise mundane pallate. It can only grow from here on, my wonder for social outcasts, insane, disillusioned individuals with nimble fingers. And my love for them.

Comments

Popular Posts